Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite, Nintendo Switch – OLED Model, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic
- A Nintendo Account is required to redeem download codes online.
- If you are redeeming a download code on a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, you must also link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- If redeeming a download code for Nintendo Switch content, you must first access the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch using your Nintendo Account at least once.
- On Nintendo 3DS, download codes for in-game DLC and Themes cannot be redeemed online.
- In-game DLC must be redeemed within the specific Nintendo 3DS game.
- Theme download codes must be redeemed in the Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS.
How to redeem using a web browser #
- Using a browser, visit ec.nintendo.com/redeem/#/
- Select Sign in and enter your Nintendo Account e-mail address and password, and then select Sign in again.
- If you are already signed in, review the user name in the top-right corner to confirm you are signed in with the correct Nintendo Account
- Enter your 16-digit download code and then select, Next
- Re-enter your Nintendo Account password when prompted, then select Redeem to complete the process.
- A confirmation e-mail will also be sent to the e-mail address registered to your Nintendo Account once this process is completed.
How to redeem on a Nintendo Switch device #
- Select Nintendo eShop on the HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop.
- Select the account you want to use.
- Select Enter Code on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the 16-character download code.
- Some retailer cards for Nintendo Switch software will include both a Control Number and a Download Code. Make sure that you are entering the Download Code (usually begins with a B, no hyphens in the number) and not the Control Number (usually begins with an S, has hyphens).
- Any letters and symbols not used with prepaid codes (i.e. O, I, Z, commas, hyphens, etc.) will be disabled from the on-screen keyboard.
- Select OK to confirm. The game will begin downloading once the code is confirmed.
- The game icon will appear on the HOME menu, with a download status bar. The status bar will disappear once the game download is complete.